CAS provides IT support for students, faculty, staff, departments and programs in order to further the teaching and research mission of the University. CAS IT staff consists of Griz Tech, Spectral Fusion Designs, as well as several IT Managers dedicated to individual departments. The services provided by CAS IT are intended to complement the support from Central IT.
For projects that require services beyond the standard level of support or for non-CAS projects, we have provided the following guide to pricing.
When writing a grant for a new project, please keep in mind the IT costs related to your project. Some examples of these costs are...
- The support needed for support and backup of data related to your project
- The support needed to start new services such as software or hardware
- Costs associated with the development of databases, web applications, or general overhead costs on making that data available.
Traditionally, estimates for web or database projects are difficult to obtain since their requirements could vary greatly between projects. When seeking funding, please consider this and add sufficient buffer room for such contingencies.
$5.00/GB per year. Please note that this storage does not include backups. If you're looking into storage with backups, please contact us.
- Griztech provides tiered pricing for tech support.
- 10 hrs - $400
- 20 hrs - $760
- 40 hrs - $1500
Web or Database:
- Non-Profit: $50.00/hr
- UM Affiliated: $40.00/hr
- CAS Affiliated: $30.00/hr
- Logo Design: 4-8 hours - Includes two initial designs and three rounds of revisions.
- Basic non-CMS website: 25-30 hours - An average estimate for a standard, informational site (around 10 pages) with a custom design. Note that any programming, or custom work will change the estimate significantly.
- Basic CMS based site - 30-35 hours - We currently support developing sites for UM-Cascade. Note that there is additional overhead regarding setup and deployment of the site.
Web site hosting:
- UM Affliated site: $10/month