Office: Math 201
Phone: 406 243-4818
Ph.D.University of Minnesota
M.S.University of Minnesota
Applied and Computational Mathematics
M.A.University of Minnesota
B.L.Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing, China
Ideological and Political Education and Administration
- Esnard, T., Cobb-Roberts, D., Agosto, V., Karanxha, Z., Beck, M., Wu, K., & Unterreiner, A. (in press). Productive tensions in a cross-cultural peer mentoring women’s network: A social capital perspective. Mentoring & Tutoring: Partnership in Learning.
- Agosto, V., Karanxha, Z., Unterreiner, A., Cobb-Roberts, D., Esnard, T., Wu, K., & Beck, M. (in press). Running bamboo: A mentoring network of women intending to thrive in academia. NASPA Journal about Women in Higher Education (NJAWHE).
- Chaphalkar, R. M., & Wu, K. (in press). Academic Service Learning projects in college introductory statistics: effects on students’ attitude. In V.M. Jagla, A. Furco, & J. R. Strait (Eds.) Service-Learning Pedagogy: How Does It Measure Up?
- Sriraman, B., & Wu, K. (in press). Embodied Cognition. In Encyclopedia of Mathematics Education, Springer Science & Business.
- Unterreiner, A., Four-Babb, J.D., Kern, A., & Wu, K. (2014). Women’s ways of collaborating: A study of cross-cultural peer mentoring. In Kochan, F., Kent, A., & Green, A. (Eds.). Uncovering the Hidden Cultural Dynamics in Mentoring Programs and Relationships: Managing the Complexities, Volume 4: Perspectives in Mentoring Series.
- Chaphalkar, R. M., & Wu, K. (2013). Impact of Academic Service-Learning and Model-Eliciting Activities on students’ learning and attitudes in statistics. Proceedings from American Educational Research Association’s Annual Meeting. San Francisco, U.S.A.
- Bottoms, S., Pegg, J., Adams, A., Wu, K., Smith Risser, H., & Kern, A. L. (2013). Mentoring from the Outside: The Role of a Peer Mentoring Community in the Development of Early Career Education Faculty. Mentoring & Tutoring: Partnership in Learning, (ahead-of-print), 1-24.
- Harwell, M., Medhanie, A., Post, T., Wu, K., and Dupuis, D. N., (2012). Preparation of students for completing a Core-Plus or commercially developed high school mathematics curriculum for intense college mathematics coursework, Journal of Experimental Education, 80(1), 96-112.
- Wu, K., & Berthelson, M. (2011). Learning and teaching of Native American students and barriers for them to study abroad. In Huai. H, Kommers, P, Zhang, J. & Isaias, P. (Eds). Proceedings from the International Higher Education : ADIS International Conference, 65-69, East China Normal University Publishing, Shanghai,CH.
- Norman, K.W., Medhanie, A., & Harwell, M., Anderson, E., Post, T.R. (2011). High school mathematics curricula, university mathematics placement recommendations, and student university mathematics performance. PRIMUS, 21(5), 434-455.
- Post, T.R., Medhanie, A., Harwell, M., Norman, K.W., Dupuise, D. N., Muchlinski, T., Anderson, E., Monson, D. (2010). The impact of prior mathematics achievement on the relationship between high school mathematics curricula and post-secondary mathematics performance, course-taking, and persistence, Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 41 (3), 274-308.
- Norman, K.W., Kern, A., & Moore, T. (2010). A call for integrating engineering through cooperative learning in the mathematics and science teacher education program. In B. Sriraman & V. Freiman (Eds), Interdisciplinarity for the 21st Century: Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Mathematics and its Connections to Arts and Sciences, Moncton 2009. Monograph 11 in The Montana Mathematics Enthusiast Monographs in Mathematics Education, Information Age Publishing, Charlotte, NC.
- Norman, K.W., Moore, T., & Kern, A. (2010). A graduate level in-service teacher education curriculum integrating engineering into science and mathematics contents. Special Issue of The Montana Mathematics Enthusiast, 7, 433-446.
- Harwell, M., Post, T., Cutler, A., Maeda, Y., Norman, K.W., Medhanie, A. (2009). The preparation of students from National Science Foundation-funded and commercially developed high school mathematics curricula for their first university mathematics course, American Educational Researcher Journal. 46 (1), 203-231.
- Post, T., Davis J., Maeda, Y., Cutler, A., Anderson, E., Kahan, J., Norman, K.W., & Harwell, M. (2008). Standards-based mathematics curricula and middle grade students’ Performance on standardized achievement tests. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education. 39 (2), 184-212.