Distributed Multimedia Database Systems, Database Management, Data Mining
I'm interested and active in interdisciplinary researches. Some of the recent projects are:
-- Computer-Based Data Processing and Management for Blackfoot Phonetics and Phonology, Co-Director with Dr. Mizuki Miyashita, National Endowment for the Humanities.
-- Smoking Cessation in College Fraternities and Sororities, Public and Community Health Sciences/National Cancer Institute, subcontract.
-- Physical Performance Train, Montana Center for Work Physiology and Exercise Metabolism/USSOCOM, subcontract.
-- Hurricane Loss Project Model, Florida International University/Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, consultant.
I have taught:
- Database (undergraduate & graduate level)
- Multimedia Database Systems
- Advanced Programming - Theory and Practice I & II
- Software Science
- Programming in Java
Section Manager, Motorola Cellular Equipment Co., Ltd., China, 1997~2001
Book Chapters & Journals (2008~present)
- Min Chen, “Temporal-based Video Event Detection and Retrieval,” Edited by C.-H. Wei, Machine Learning Techniques for Adaptive Multimedia Retrieval: Technologies Applications and Perspectives, IGI Global, accepted for publication.
- Min Chen, Shu-Ching Chen, and Mei-Ling Shyu, “Content-based Retrieval of Video,” Edited by P. Sheu, H. Yu, C.V. Ramamoorthy, A. Joshi, and L. Zadeh, Semantic Computing, IEEE Press/Wiley, in press.
- Na Zhao, Min Chen, Shu-Ching Chen, and Mei-Ling Shyu, “User Adaptive Video Retrieval on Mobile Devices,” Edited by Laurence T. Yang, Agustinus Borgy Waluyo, Jianhua Ma, Ling Tan and and Bala Srinivasan, Mobile Intelligence: When Computational Intelligence Meets Mobile Paradigm, John Wiley & Sons Inc, in press.
- Shu-Ching Chen, Min Chen, Na Zhao, Shahid Hamid, Kasturi Chatterjee, and Michael Armella, “Florida Public Hurricane Loss Model: Research in Multi-Disciplinary System Integration Assisting Government Policy Making,” Special Issue on Building the Next Generation Infrastructure for Digital Government, Government Information Quarterly, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 285-294, 2009.
- Mei-Ling Shyu, Zongxing Xie, Min Chen, Shu-Ching Chen, “Video Semantic Event/Concept Detection Using a Subspace-Based Multimedia Data Mining Framework,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Special Issue on Multimedia Data Mining, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 252-259, 2008.
Refereed Conferences (2008~present)
- Min Chen, Mizuki Miyashita, Beau Ufen, Bradley Bahls and Tyler Julian, “A Multimedia Scripting System for Endangered Language Learning,” Proceedings of Second Workshop on Story-Telling and Educational Games, vol. 498, 2009.
- Shu-Ching Chen, Mei-Ling Shyu, Min Chen, “An Effective Multi-Concept Classifier for Video Streams,” Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing, pp. 80-87, 2008.
- Na Zhao, Min Chen, Shu-Ching Chen, and Mei-Ling Shyu, “MRBAC: Hierarchical Role Management and Security Access Control for Distributed Multimedia Systems,” Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Object/Component/Service-oriented Real-time Distributed Computing, pp. 76-82, 2008, 2008.
- Shu-Ching Chen, Min Chen, Na Zhao, Shahid Hamid, Khalid Saleem, Kasturi Chatterjee, “Florida Public Hurricane Loss Model (FPHLM): Research Experience in System Integration,” Proceedings of the 9th Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research, pp. 99-106, 2008.