How to Apply
An application to our graduate program includes:
- A completed online application through the University of Montana Graduate School website which includes submitting a non-refundable $60 application fee electronically using a credit or debit card.
- 3 letters of recommendation submitted within the online application.
- GRE scores.
The following should be mailed directly to the Economics Department:
- Official undergraduate transcripts.
- Short personal statement.
- A Teaching Assistantship application if you’d like to be considered for funding
Completed applications for admission to the program will be reviewed by the faculty graduate committee. Admission may occur any time prior to registration but you should apply at least two months prior to the term you expect to enter.
Financial aid, usually in the form of teaching assistantships (TAs) is available on a competitive basis. Applications for teaching assistantships will be reviewed and awards made for the following academic year in mid-April. Priority in financial aid is given to students who have never received aid or those who have excelled in past assistantship duties. For additional information on how to apply, please visit the Graduate School website.