1. UM groups & committees of interest to EVST students:
Many UM groups are listed on the Greening UM web site.
2. Other groups of interest include:
- Campus Recreation
- Earth Day Planning Committee - contact through EVST office
- Environmental Action Community - contact through EVST office
- Farm-to-College Program
- Students for Economic & Social Justice - contact through ASUM
- Students for Peace & Justice - contact through ASUM
- Sustainable Campus Committee
3. How to get involved in local issues:
Montana has many citizen groups working on conservation/environmental issues. See the Montana Conservation Directory for a list of groups and their contact information. Go to each group's web page to find what issues they are working on. Contact those that interest you, or ask your fellow students or the EVST faculty which groups are working on issues that interest you.
4. How to find out about local environmental events:
- EVST sends out a weekly e-newsletter of jobs, internships & other opportunities. Make sure EVST has your current email address so you can receive the newsletter. Feel free to send your news item to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EVST also maintains a Community Conservation Calendar with a chronological listing of events, and a listing of regular meetings. To have your event listed, send a description (what, when, where) to email@example.com.
5. How to work globally:
EVST has formed a partnership with IE3 Global Internships to help students access internship opportunities around the world. For more info, contact: Kevin Hood, UM Internship Coordinator, (406) 243-4613 or firstname.lastname@example.org.