Refer to graduation requirements listed previously in the course catalog.
All majors must register in the department and be assigned a departmental major advisor. A student is not considered a major in the Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures until he or she has registered with the department.
Russian Major Requirements
- Russian 101 to 202 or equivalent.
- RUSS/MCLG 105HY: Intro to Russian Culture
- At least 27 credits of upper division work in Russian, 15 of which must be in the target language and must include 301 and 302. The remainder must include one semester of Russian history and two of the following: 308, 312L and 313L.
- Students are required to maintain a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 in all upper-division courses presented in fulfillment of requirements for the Russian major.
- The Upper-division Writing Expectation must be met by successfully completing RUSS 494: Seminar in Russian Studies.
Russian Minor Requirements
Russian 101, 102, 201, 202, and 12 upper-division credits.