Tools for Delegates
To prepare for the conference, delegates must read and follow the instructions in the following documents. In addition, we recommend printing the *d items and bringing them to the conference in a notebook along with the background guides for your committee. Be sure to bring your country placard, too!
Preparing to Represent Your Country
Writing and Submitting Your Position Paper
Position papers are due on 11 November 2013!
Position Paper Submission Instructions:
1. Each student must submit his/her position paper to his/her assigned committee. Each committee has an individual email address:
2. The subject line of the email must state: delegate's country, committee, high school (example: Iran, GA-1, Bozeman High).
3. The delegate must attach a Word document with his/her position paper AND cut and paste the text of the position paper into the email. The text should only contain the position paper. Do not include a cover letter or other information.
4. Position papers are due by 11:59 pm on November 11, 2013.
5. Only delegates who submit position papers are eligible for awards.
6. If you have questions, email mtmodelun.gmail.com
Rules of Procedure
* Rules of Procedure
- Long form (full description) -- updated 28 September; includes new tips for speeches
* Rules Chart
- Short form (table for quick reference) -- updated 28 September
* To understand what will happen in each committee session, consult the Conference Schedule
(posted on the Conference Information page). It may also be helpful for you to read the Chair Script
(posted on the Advisor page).
Watch video from the 2009 Missoula pre-conference workshop here http://www.youtube.com/user/MMUN09#p/u
There are short clips on UN history, parliamentary procedure, Q&A, and a fun simulation using the rules. Before watching, print the long and short form versions of the rules so you can follow along. You may also want to look at the Chair Script posted on the Advisor
To be eligible for awards, students must submit position papers by the deadline.