National Fossil Day CelebrationView Flyer (pdf)
Date | October 15, 2014
Time | 5-8pm
Location | C.H. Clapp Building (CHCB), University of Montana. Located on the south side of campus, off E. Beckwith Ave. behind the US Forest Service Research Station. Enter through the Breezeway. Information tables will be set up in the west atrium on the 1st floor.
Parking | At 5:00pm the parking lot (Lot B) to the east of the building becomes free parking.
Things to do:
- Get your treasures identified! Rock and Fossil only please, no human artifacts.
- Watch a 17 min short film about Origin of Tetrapods (first 4 limbed vertebrates and descendants).
- Enjoy a once-per-year look inside the Research Collections Room and get a peek at some of the estimated 40,000 specimens.
- Hear about current paleontological research going on at the UMPC.
- Tour the display cases with knowledgeable students.
- Have a fantastic time in the dedicated Junior Paleontologist Room (ages 5-12).
Friends of the UMPC Promotion
The first 40 visitors who sign up for a Friends of the UMPC membership will receive a promotional UMPC T-Shirt.
Cash or Check ONLY please!
To beat the crowd, bring your completed membership form and payment to the event.
Membership Form (pdf)