If you are interested in any of the following:
- The Women’s and Gender Studies Program
- Majoring in Liberal Studies with the option in Women’s and Gender Studies
- Minoring in Women’s and Gender Studies
You should contact Beth Hubble or Anya Jabour, Co-Directors for Women’s and Gender Studies, at (406) 243-2584 to set an appointment. Bring transcripts, a change of major/minor form (from the Registrar), or internship forms (from the Center for Work-Based Learning) unless the Women’s and Gender Studies Office already has a folder for you on file.
Visit the Graduate Certificate for more information.
Women’s and Gender Studies Option within the Liberal Studies Major:
Available to Liberal Studies majors. Requirements include:
- Liberal Studies Core Curriculum
- WGSS 163H (Formerly PHIL/LS 119H) Philosophical Perspectives on Women in the Western Hemisphere
- 21 credits of 300-400 level Women’s and Gender Studies courses
- WGS 398 Co-operative Education Experience internships may be applied toward these credits.
Requests for substitutions or equivalency must be approved by the director.
Available to all students in all majors. Minor consists of 20 credits.
- WGSS 163H (formerly PHIL/LS 151H) Philosophical Perspectives on Women in the Western Hemisphere -OR- WGSS 263S Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies
- WGSS 363 Feminist Theory and Methods
- WGSS 463 Capstone Seminar (2 credits)
- Additional 12 credits of Women’s and Gender Studies approved Courses, at least one of which is 300-400 level. WGS 398, Co-operative Education Experience internships, may be applied toward these credits
View and print the Women's and Gender Studies Minor Requirements worksheet.